Monday, August 18, 2008

Anniversary Imminent

Tomorrow marks the two year anniversary of when I first got the ole ball and chain attached to me. I got a pretty big bonus check the other day and I told Allison that she could use it all to buy some furniture or whatever for her anniversary present. I regret saying it now because I keep selfishly thinking of what I could buy with it. Oh well. No telling what shes going to get me, probably nothing (just like last year).

I don't want a dirty diaper for my birthday. Stupid poll.

The other day I was trying to empty all the crud from the vacuum cleaner and I ended up spilling all of the dust and hair on the floor. I shouted "WHAT THE HECK?" Allison was holding Avery next to me and Avery smiled and said "GA BA GA HECK!" I swear thats what she said. It freaked me out. Shes too young to be emulating me. Allison proceeded to get mad and gave me a lecture about watching my mouth around her.

The answer to last weeks trivia: "Emmett Brown Committed" (Good job Prin!)
Bonus trivia answer: "Emmett Brown Commended" (Prin failed.)

This weeks Trivia: What was the name (first and last) of the owner of the diner where Marty first met his younger dad (in 1955)?

Daily (Fight) Memory: In the sixth grade, there was this big kid named Michael that was a jerk to pretty much everybody. Remember, he was a big guy and I was a scrawny, skinny, lanky guy. I had a friend that was physically handicapped and one day in the gym Michael picked on him. After my friend told him to stop, Michael pushed him down. I walked up, got in his face and told him to back off or he'd be sorry. He then pushed me and took off running across the basketball court. I chased after him, caught up to him, and drop kicked him. He fell and made a huge loud echoing thud when he hit the wooden floor. That wasn't enough to teach him a lesson. There are many more Michael stories to tell in the coming posts.

21 comments:

matt said...

You're not as tough as you sound.

prin said...

Dang! I was so close too.

I think you should get a dirty diaper. The tribe has spoken.

Oh. I'm disappointed with your memory today. I thought when the sentence ended with "and drop kicked him", the next would describe how you scored him with a clean swoosh.

prin said...

Oh, and I have no idea who the diner person was. One of these days, I'm gonna be able to comment in one comment.

Anonymous said...

Are you still friends with the handicapped fellow?

Father Rob said...

Well Al, speaking of dirty diapers...

prin said...

I still don't get why the big guy took off running after pushing a tiny, scrawny little boy. That part just doesn't make any sense.

Father Rob said...

Whether it makes sense or not, its the truth.

matt said...

Don't believe his lies.

Father Rob said...

Little help here Al?

Anonymous said...

Sorry, the workplace has put another temporary end to Working Utility Al. I saw this incident involving Michael and it is the truth. Matt is just jealous because he never once beat up anyone in school.

prin said...

Ok, so I'm new at this bible thing, but I don't think I've read anywhere so far that Jesus beat up a bunch of people and was cooler for it.

Mmhmm.

Father Rob said...

Well, no Jesus never really beat up anybody (that we know of) but in the book of Mark he did get violent with merchants that were selling offerings at the temple. He overturned their tables and drove them out. Sometimes when people in this world are being evil (starting fights, ESPECIALLY picking on those weaker than themselves and girls, etc.) it is our duty as Christians to try to correct them and more importantly protect others.

Also, in the old testament, Samson killed one thousand philistines with the jawbone of an ass. And thats just cool.

prin said...

So you're saying Jesus overturning tables for scamming people in a church is the same as you kicking people in gym class? Or trying to humiliate people to get a chair back?

So you're saying that Jesus would high five me for that time I punched a guy in the face because he wouldn't get off my front porch?

Hmm. I do have a lot to learn about this religion thing.

Father Rob said...

I'm not saying its the same but on some levels its similar. And get your stories straight, I didnt bully anybody. Someone got humiliated because he tried to humiliate me and someone got kicked because they were humiliating others. Were these the perfect reactions to these situations? Probably not but were they wrong? I dont think so.

Jesus might not give you a high five for punching that guy but I would and so would Samson.

prin said...

So you're saying defending against a bully is ok, as is revenge?

Got it.

I'd high five you back, but you might get hurt.

Father Rob said...

Are you seriously being serious about this? I cant really tell with this being the internet and all. IF you are being serious, what would you have me do in those situations? Look the other way while people beat up girls and little kids and let them beat the crap out of me too?

prin said...

Of course I'm seriously not being serious about this.

I just like giving you a hard time.

teeheehee...

*runs away to avoid getting kicked by Angry Kickin' Rob*

I was a bully bully too. I could tell you stories that would make your stories cry.

Father Rob said...

You better sleep with one eye open Prin.

prin said...

Aw, why? Every time I do that, the open eye gets all dried out and it's really uncomfortable the next day. :(

Anonymous said...

Well I'm satisfied.

prin said...

Poor Deprivation Al didn't get a chance to throw in some jabs while he was at work. :(