Thursday, August 21, 2008

Anniversary Accomplished, Birthday Imminent

Anybody watch the Olympics last night? I didn't. I'm sick of them, I could handle a few weeks of the meaningless competitions but how much longer is this going to drag on? I just checked, the closing ceremony is on the 24th. Awesome birthday present, the first day without nonstop beach volleyball.

For our Anniversary I got Allison's wedding ring resized and saudered to her engagement ring and I also told her she could pick out a new piece of furniture (which she hasn't done yet). We ate at the new Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. It was good....... and expensive. When we first got to our table the waiter presented us with either a bottle of sparkling water or a bottle of mineral water. Later we realized that we had to pay for the weird water, six bucks. We were country come to town. Total bill: $145. It was good, but not THAT good.

Yesterday I came home from work to find one of my comic book ripped to shreds on the floor. The night before we came home to find torn up kleenex everywhere. Now that Avery can crawl, she crawls to things that she can tear up. Its like having a puppy. Last night, she was playing with me and grabbed onto my eyelid and pulled it.

My birthday is coming up in four days. I get the day off from work. I'm just going to sit at home and do absolutely nothing all day. I'm excited.

The answer to the last entries trivia is: Lou Caruthers

Todays Trivia: In Back to the Future 3, what did Doc say that his rifle could do before he told Buford it was aimed straight for his head?

Daily (Fight with Michael) Memory: Another altercation that I had with Michael was when I was in the sixth grade. After lunch, when most of the class was in our classroom (except for our incompetent teacher) Michael was walking to his desk and there was a girl in his way. He told her "move" and she said that she wouldn't move if he was going to be mean. So he grabbed her arm and pushed her. I got out of my desk, walked up to him, and pushed him into a tall stack of desks and chairs against the wall that all came crashing down on top of him. They pinned him down so when the teacher finally came in, she had to help him get out.

31 comments:

prin said...

Well, that's what happens when your puppy is bored and unsupervised. Uh, I mean, baby.

It's weird commenting alone, knowing nobody will comment till Al, your other fan, gets home from prison. Uh, I mean, work.

I'd ask what you want for your birthday, but then if I ended up getting it for you, I'd just look crazy [still].

I don't know the trivia either.

And so did you get the girl?

Anonymous said...

When my two puppies tear up things I yell and spank them. You should try the same technique.

Who was the teacher?

Father Rob said...

Prin, No I didnt get the girl but she was a mormon anyways.
Al, Miss Ward.

Anonymous said...

Ha, Miss Ward. I had her after break period with Justin (were you and Matt in there?) and we threw M&M's in her wig.

Father Rob said...

Matt? Matt came in 8th grade. I dont think I was in there with any of my friends. Sixth grade sucked.

prin said...

Torturing teachers is fun.

What's wrong with being mormon?

Father Rob said...

What's wrong with being catholic?

prin said...

Uhh... Nothing. *runs away*

matt said...

You leave your kid at home alone to shred things up?

Father Rob said...

Ha, the way I wrote it did make it seem like she was alone. My mom was there.

prin said...

Yeah, Matt, you should know better. If she's home alone, she gets put in the cage so she can't shred things up.

prin said...

So if I follow the pattern of the past two weeks, we'll be getting one post this week. But on which day?

Oh, the suspense!!!

YEY!

prin said...

I've learned that there's a very fine line between suspense and disappointment.

prin said...

#4! In a row! Yey!

prin said...

I was only shooting 50% in this comment section, so I had to raise my average. Now I'm at 53%.

woo woo.

Anonymous said...

You might as well post one more time before we lose power for a while.

prin said...

Guess the non-hurricaney-rainstorm got you.

prin said...

How does it feel to be old? Does your wife still like you even though you're all old and stuff? Does Avery still recognize you even with all the oldness oozing out of you?

Old!

:D

Anonymous said...

I can't read Prin's blog anymore.

prin said...

I know, Al. I went private. If you want access, I need an email address to add you to the list (my email's in my profile).

Or if you don't, that's ok. I'll understand. It's a boring blog anyway.

Anonymous said...

I find it fascinating.

Rob, do something.

prin said...

Aw, Al, you're sweet when you lie.

prin said...

So when you turned old, did you forget how to use a computer? Wait. I guess that means you won't be able to read this then.

Nevermind.

Anonymous said...

Come on, this is the only blog I can get to at work. I think whoever sets my internet blocks does this on purpose cause you never do anything new. Prove these websense geeks wrong.

prin said...

Not even an "I'm quitting forever" post?

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You made it on Prin's blog.

Father Rob said...

I know!

prin said...

lol! You guys are funny. You'd be famous, Rob, if my creepy boss didn't force me to make my blog private, thus reducing my traffic from 500+ hits a week to about 20.

Father Rob said...

Well hurry up and quit your job so you can make it public again.

Anonymous said...

Why did your boss make you privatize your blog? Yes, privatize. I would have posted this on your blog, but Rob's is the only one Websense hasn't blocked.

prin said...

He didn't make me. I didn't feel comfortable with him reading it sixty times a day.