Monday, November 19, 2007

Sometimes You Have To Do Things You Don't Want to Do

Mother Allison and I just got back from a small town in Mississippi (that shares its name with where Matt lives) where we had an early thanksgiving with her family. I think her five year old cousin has a crush on me, she wouldnt leave me alone. It was endearing at first but it became annoying with about the 200th dog bark (spit included) impression in my face. I guess its too late to decide that I dont want kids. But her family was really nice and gave us a surprise baby shower. We got a lot of diapers for presents. Here is a conversation that Allison had with her little cousin: "Is Robert going to change its diaper?" "Of course" "Even the poopy ones?" "Sure" "My daddy had to change my poopy diapers and he didnt want to. Alley, sometimes you have to do things you dont want to do." So profound and so true.

On another note, Videogames. Utility Al and Matt know of my nerdy obsession but I have steered clear of posting about it in fear of being excommunicated from the blogging community...until now. Super Mario Galaxy, its awesome. Its like Super Mario Bros. 3 in three dimensions *pushes glasses up nose*. If you feel inclined to see what its like click here. You all need to ask for a Wii for Christmas and get this game. Ok, thats all I'm going to say about that.

Utility Al, glad to hear that you're back, hope the mountains were nice. You, me, Mother Allison, and Utility Katie need to go on a double date sometime. We could do it one weekend while Matt's in town so he could go (but only if he brings his Future Wife).

The answer to last weeks question is: a shrewdness of apes. Since my poll is going to expire soon, this weeks question is: what TV show is the quote "I'm from the government and I'm here to inspect your chicken nuggets" from?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Babies have it good don't they? The only effort they have to put into anything is just sucking from a bottle. Everything else is completely taken care of for them, even the ass-wiping.

Double date sounds good to me, or a triple if Matt can find a date. He'll be in town Wednesday, we should get him a blind date.

I guess Family Guy.

I think the new Baby Rob/Baby Allsion should get a name that honors one of your favorite video game character and/or superhero.

Why is "honor" spelled "honour" on wedding invitations? We don't live in England anymore.

matt said...

I'm going to have 5 kids and bring them all over to your house. I'll even let them call you Uncle Rob. Don't worry, I'll leave extra diapers....Don't worry about me, I'll have a date....Answer: Men in Black.

Anonymous said...

Men in Black is a TV show too? When does that come on?

prin said...

I read it. Um. I have nothing to comment that won't be making fun of one of you or all three of you... So, um. *backs out of the room slowly*

Anonymous said...

Finally. I've been waiting for you to update the weeks until you become a father.

Although... technically I guess you are already a father. You'll just be meeting your new kid in 11 weeks.

Father Rob said...

Prin: Don't be afraid to make fun of me, I can take it.

Matt: I'd be happy to take care of your 5 kids. Besides, they'll probably need Uncle Rob to whip them into shape.

Utility: I didnt know there was a MIB tv show either. I agree about the naming my kid thing. I'm not so sure Allison will like Marty McFly Magee though. You're right I already am a father, I changed my profile to reflect this.

Anonymous said...

Ha. I like it. Made me laugh out loud.

prin said...

Really? I can be free with the messin'? You sure? It's a slippery slope.

What I don't get is if you can't tell a kid you barely know to **** off, how will you be able to say it to your own?

You're already excommunicated. They just haven't told you yet.

Anonymous said...

rob.. i had fun bowling with yall. even though im terrible :(

Anonymous said...

Bout time to update this thing, eh?